1. “Your life is over”
Or any alluding to the fact that life is going to suck once the baby comes. I’ve even heard this said with the intention of it being a good thing, somehow. Sorry, but no. Telling someone that their life is over is always negative, no matter how you try to spin it, and that’s rude. Quit it!
2. “WOAH YOU’RE HUGE”/”You’re sooo small”/”Are you having TWINS??”
No. Stop! How about we all try this new thing where we don’t make comments on the shape and size of other peoples bodies. It’s so much nicer that way!
3. “Listen to how terrible it was for me when I gave birth!!”
No thanks! Keep your horror stories to yourself please. We can trade birth stories after the baby comes if you want, but until then please just shhh.. Telling a pregnant lady all the terrible things that happened when you gave birth are not going to help her have a better birth.. they’re just going to terrify her. It’s unhelpful, please don’t.
4. Anything to do with bragging about how YOU are still allowed to drink/eat sushi/etc
Come on. That’s just mean.
5. “You’re gonna get so fat!”
No.. I’m going to create life.
6. “This is a big life change”
Is it? Are you sure? :/
What rude things have people said to you when you were pregnant?